The myCHOICE-BSD Alumni Career Forum is an annual event sponsored by UChicagoGRAD, myCHOICE, and the University of Chicago Medical & Biological Sciences Alumni Association. The Career Forum provides the opportunity for BSD graduate students and postdoctoral scientists to engage with alumni from a broad range of career paths to share their perspectives and advice through panel discussions and industry-specific roundtables. This year’s myCHOICE-BSD Alumni Career Forum will take place in-person on Saturday, October 30, 2021, followed by opportunities to sign up for virtual Zoom 1:1 chats during the week of Friday, November 5 to Friday, November 12, 2021.
There’s no one better than a UChicago alumnae to provide advice about how to grow your career. In-person attendees of the October 30th event will be offered first opportunity to sign up for 1-on-1 informational interviews with our alumni guests. Remaining 1-on-1 appointments will be opened to the rest of the UChicago community on November 3rd. Take advantage of this opportunity and register to attend in-person now!
Saturday, October 30, 2021, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Event will be held in-person @ Gordon Center for Integrative Science.
- Alumni Panel – Keeping Your Feet Beneath You in the Changing Hiring Landscape, featuring:
- Michael Burrows (PhD ‘15 Immunology) Vice President, Aspire Capital Partners, LLC
- Andrew Hack (PhD ’00 Molecular Genetics & Cell Biology, MD ’02) Managing Director, Bain Capital Life Sciences
- Karyl Kopaskie (PhD ’14 Microbiology) Associate Principal, Sg2
- Jennifer McPartland (PhD ’08 Microbiology) Senior Scientist, Health, Environmental Defense Fund
- Aparna Vasanthakumar (PostDoc ’15) Senior Principal Research Scientist, AbbVie
- Industry Roundtable Discussions, featuring the following alumni guests, in addition to the panelists above:
- Courtney Burrows (PhD ’15 Human Genetics) Commercial Leadership Program, AbbVie
- Larischa de Wet (PhD ’20 Cancer Biology) Senior Consultant, Guidehouse
- Carolyn Hollands (PhD ’11 Developmental Biology) Senior Scientist, Abbott Molecular
- Gladys Morrison (PostDoc ’16), Clinical Scientist , AbbVie
- Mohana Ray (PostDoc ’19) Associate Director, Scientific Communications, HDMZ
- Natasha Wadlington (PhD ’13 Neurobiology) Medical Writer and Project Manager, SB Pharma Solutions
Friday, November 5 through Friday, November 12
Virtual 1-on-1 chats. Registration for specific meeting times will open directly following the October 30 in-person event.