The BSD Diversity Committee works to enhance diversity in UChicago Biosciences by providing a central office that coordinates and promotes:
- Social, cultural, and scientific interactions
- Awareness of issues facing underrepresented students
- Administrative student support, educational programs, and mentorship
- Availability of funds for diversity programs
- Student recruitment strategies through networking with established regional and national URM-serving organizations as well as by enhancing our programs' visibility.
The committee is led by co-chairs Eileen Dolan, Medicine and Cancer Biology, and Adam Hammond, Biophysical Sciences, and student co-chair, Juan Ibarra, Cancer Biology, and is composed of faculty, administrators, and students who represent the breadth of our graduate programs.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.