Here’s what happens after you submit your application:
- Immediately: You can log in to the online application to monitor the receipt of your test scores and letters of recommendation. Uploaded materials such as transcripts, research and personal statements, and CVs will not appear in your online application PDF. Click on the link to your application at the bottom of the screen, then select “application status” to find current information. Scores sent via ETS to institution code 1832 will be automatically matched to your application. Sometimes this can take a few days, so monitor your materials by logging back into your application.
- January: Programs may invite applicants directly for interviews.
- February: Formal decision letters from UChicago Biosciences will be sent via the admissions website. You will receive an email when a decision has been made. Please adjust your spam settings to ensure you are receiving email from our system (email@example.com), and enter a contact email that you use regularly. Applications are reviewed by the admissions committees of the program(s) to which you applied. Until you receive a decision from the program, you are still under consideration.
- April 1: Universal deadline for admissions decisions by US graduate programs
- April 15: Admitted applicants are required to return their responses. Offers not acknowledged by April 15 may be rescinded.
- May: UChicago Biosciences will contact incoming students with information on housing, student health insurance, international student visas, and other items of interest.
- August 15: UChicago Biosciences must receive all transcripts and other documents necessary for processing student visas for foreign applicants.
- September: UChicago Biosciences will distribute additional orientation materials to Autumn Quarter matriculants.